Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another Day Waiting

Today started as just another day. Rain, an hour drive to work and 9 hours of waiting. Waiting for my wife to call and say, oh I'm in labor go to the hospital. Life here in Coalville is really quite nice. It is a small town and has already held many opportunities for my wife and me. I was a little hesatant about moving to such a small place so far away from where I work, and so close to her family and far from mine (I didn't want my children to grow up and not know my side of the family, who reside in Idaho 3 hours at closest). But so far everything has been going great. I have found a second job that is giving me experience for my carreer as an EMT- Basic and my wife has had the opportunities to interview for a teaching position. Things are going great for us. I even think I might start writing a book. Why write a book? I don't know it just sounds like something that would be interesting. Maybe I could help a friend finish his series. Who knows but for right now I sit and wait.

I wait for that little call. the one that will come and my whole world will change. I am very excited to get it but the anxiety of waiting is slowly driving me insane, or as my dad would say "drive me to drink." Any father, or husband to be whose wife is in the last few weeks of her pregnancy knows what I am talking about. The hours seem longer just because she could call at any minute and then when she doesn't call you are both relieved and frustrated due to the long hours that you spent waiting anxiously for the call. I am worried that I will get home one night and be called to the scene of an accident and miss my wife saying I'm in labor. It is really quite nerve racking. For now though like all Fathers to be, I sit and wait anxiously for my wife to go into labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment