1. blog
2. Re-read the entire Book of Mormon with Mike. We have been married for over a year and a half and haven't read even one chapter of it together, which I find rather sad.
2. Read Northanger Abby, the only Jane Austin novel I have yet to read.
3. Get caught up on Abram's baby book. I hate scrap booking, but I think I can endure the torture to create a keep-sake for my son.
4. Have a daily family prayer. Mike and I have been sort of hit and miss on this and could use some improvement.
All in all I thought I did pretty well on my resolutions, now I just need to fulfill them. So here is my first attempt at number 1.
We had a generally beautiful Christmas up in Idaho with the Scaddens. There was delicious food, good conversation, and two ever doting grandparents. Abram received a ludicrous number of gifts, but his favorite things were the boxes the gifts came in. (I really don't see the point in getting toys for children under the age of 1, but I admit I fell victim to the commercial tempter myself and bought him a couple toys.)
The best present I got Abram was a pair of super warm teddy bear pajamas. He looks like the kid from A Christmas Story in them (but less pink and miserable). I must admit, part of me can't wait till he is older and dating girls just so I can show off this adorable picture.
For New Year's Eve, Mike and I had a little party with a couple of my cousins and there spouses. We ate tons of food and played "Settlers" which nobody other than Mike and I had played (neither of us won by the way). My cousin Kelli brought her daughter (the one I tend on week days) with her. She was all decked out with a "Happy New Year" head band but fell missed out on the chance to put it real use. (she and Abram had zonked off well before midnight).
After New Years Mike decided to "surprise" me with a new look. I nearly threw-up when I saw him. I know it is silly of me but he just looked so much like his dad it freaked me out. As much as I like his dad, I really don't want to be married to him. I begged him to shave, but he seemed pretty proud of himself. He decided to take a ask around and see what people thought of the "new him." The response must not have been too positive because he shaved it off that same day (that might have been just because of my terrible looks and constant nagging though).All in all it has been an okay start to the year (or at least it is proving to be entertaining). With luck I will keep up on my new years resolution and be able to share this years entertainment with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment